Mission Point Resort Renovation
ClientMission Point Resort
LocationMackinac Island, MI
Scale14,700 Square Feet
About the project/client:
Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island is a full-service vacation and conference center that was built in the 1950s. Located on 18 acres of waterfront property on the southeast end of the Island, the resort offers wonderfully kept grounds that fall away to magnificent views of Lake Huron. The architectural design goal was to renovate the Round Island Kitchen Restaurant, the lodge lobby, and an internal bar with an accessibility ramp utilizing three design principles: To have these spaces better connect to the landscape by emphasizing a connection to the waterfront and beautiful property. To positively impact the guest’s stay by crafting an authentic island experience. Also, to impact employee efficiencies by creating a better workflow and improved connection between employees and guests.
- Enhance views of the water
- Improved guest experience
- Enhance flow and efficiency for employees
- Create a brighter, more inviting space
- Round Island Bar: 600 Sq. Ft.
- Round Island Dining: 2,500 Sq. Ft.
- Lodge Lobby: 7,600 Sq. Ft.
- Outdoor Dining: 4,000 Sq. Ft.