McDonald’s Time Square
LocationNew York City, NY
Scale11,199 square feet
Since 2017, Progressive AE has been a part of McDonald’s $6-billion-dollar plan to overhaul more than 14,000 U.S.-based restaurants. The major remodel program is McDonald’s biggest renovation in decades and showcases the organization’s dedication to smart restaurant design. In just two years, our retail design team has worked with McDonald’s to renovate more than 70 locations throughout Michigan and New York.
McDonald’s recently celebrated the grand opening of a massive renovation to their flagship Times Square store. The new-look was designed by Landini Associates out of Australia. As a long-standing partner of McDonald’s, Progressive AE’s retail team served as architect-of-record and helped bring this incredible new store to life. The new restaurant exemplifies the way the brand is trying to appeal to younger generations, with personalization and convenience at the forefront of the design.
Here are a few specs:
- The 11,199-square-foot building will be one of the busiest McDonald’s in the United States.
- Three levels of floor-to-ceiling glass provides views into the heart of Times Square
- The 9,280-square-foot billboard is the third-largest in Times Square
- 18 digital kiosks, Guest Experience Leaders and table service await guests
- 173 seats in a variety of arrangements adapt to customer preferences
“Designed by Landini Associates and Progressive AE, this new McDonald’s flagship adopts a more composed and at the same time bold approach to restaurant design, creating a calm environment. The three-story glass curtain wall provides customers with spectacular dining room views out into the heart of Times Square.
Landini Associates: Ray Concept and Interior Design
Progressive AE: Architect of Record
Andrew Meredith: Photographer