Mercy Health Ada Medical Office Building
ClientMercy Health Physician Partners
Mercy Health Physician Partners (MHPP) is a multi-specialty physician network that employs more than 500 physicians and advanced practice professionals in West Michigan. As members of the Trinity Health system, the nation’s second-largest Catholic Health System, MHPP’s care model centers around the patient relationship within a Catholic faith-based setting.
- Develop a location in an already competitive market that can be intuitive and easy to navigate to each of the proposed services – primary care and internal medicine, pediatrics, women’s health, diagnostics, vascular, neurology, urology and physical therapy
- Develop medical office facility with integrated specialties at one location for the benefit of the community and patients
- Create a strong connection with the community
- Utilize current health system branding with some unique additions and modifications to fit the expectations of this unique community
- Be flexible enough to accommodate market growth and improve provider access
- Get to market quickly
With limited high-profile locations available in the community, finding a location proved to be a challenge. The facility that the health system was able to find included two disconnected buildings and one of those buildings was a newly constructed multistory building shell with no vertical connection.
PAE worked with the team to create the best environment possible with limited facilities and space. This included incorporating the health systems standards and prototypes to fit the existing facility. The design had to plan for added providers and increased volumes.
The integrated campus needed to have convenient access for the desired services in this community. PAE developed a solution to connect the two floors of the one building vertically for patients to have access to services and then worked to create connection between the two disconnected buildings.
PAE worked with the health system to provide intuitive entry points for patients to the site and worked to incorporate appropriate signage opportunities for increasing awareness to the practice. The design also provides an efficient and positive environment for staff, with good access to natural light and views.
The location has become a vehicle for MHPP to market services in this community that they had not previously served. MHPP has achieved the projected volumes that they had anticipated to grow to a practice with 6 providers in a new market.
Despite a challenging building area, PAE’s design accommodates all the desired services indicated previously providing a convenient, ”one-stop” shop for patient services. Patient satisfaction scores are very positive.