VanDyk Mortgage Convention Center
ClientParkland Properties of Michigan
Scale64,000 square feet
Parkland Properties wanted to create a destination for visitors in order to boost the local economy in Muskegon during the off-season and make it a year-round destination. Located downtown, the new VanDyk Mortgage Convention Center can host events and meetings ranging from small groups up to 2,000 people.
The central meeting space, measuring 16,550 square feet, can host expos, conferences, trade shows, and personalized events such as wedding receptions. It can also be broken into five break-out sections using moveable walls. A reception area outside the room overlooks Shoreline Drive and features a bar and floor-to-ceiling windows, allowing visitors to view the sunset over Muskegon Lake.
The building also contains smaller meeting rooms that can be rented out, and Vandyk Mortgage has an office on the lower level.
- Create a year-round destination in Muskegon that will boost the local economy by attracting tourists and drawing talent
- Design an iconic, modern building that can accommodate both large and small groups of people for a diverse range of activities and events
- Create a positive and seamless guest experience within the center, promoting fun and festivity that radiates to the city and waterfront
- Integrate technology including smart screens, projectors, and more to facilitate conferences and meetings
- Connect the building to the Delta by Marriot Hotel for easy access and additional meeting spaces
The simple modern design of the new convention center is an elegant addition to downtown Muskegon, providing a convenient gathering space for groups of all sizes and needs. With multiple front doors connecting to the lake and recreation trail to the West, Western Ave to the Southeast, and an entrance through the newly renovated Delta by Marriott Hotel to the East, the spaces are easily accessed depending on where the group plans to gather.
The Muskegon Lakeshore Home, Garden + Boat Show was the first event held at the convention center on April 16-17, 2021.