- Design Build
- Interior Design & Procurement
- Landscape Architecture
- Planning & Consulting
- Water Resources
- Senior Living
- Progressive AE
- Company News
- Interior Design
- Mixed Use
- Universal Design
Riverbend Village Wins Heavy Hitters Award
Riverbend Village, a 1 million-square-foot mixed-use development in northwest Charlotte has received the 2020 Heavy Hitters’ Top Retail Development award from the Charlotte Business Journal. Congratulations to our clients and partners on this exciting award and recognition!
Progressive AE was part of the project from the early stages and assisted in overall master planning and architectural design for one of the planned speculative office buildings and retail development. Riverbend Village’s walkability helps make it a connected lifestyle community. The development is anchored by Corning Optical’s headquarters, 266 multifamily apartments, 105 townhomes, a future planned medical office park, and a mix of restaurant, retail, and entertainment venues.
From the Charlotte Business Journal
Harris Teeter anchored the first phase of retail with its 76,000-square-foot store. It also opened a fuel center there. Another 56,000 square feet is home to tenants such as Johnny Brusco’s Pizza, Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers, Pet People, F45 Fitness and Elife Nail Spa.
The project’s second phase of development is underway and will add an additional 37,000 square feet of retail. A lease has been executed with Novant-GoHealth Urgent care, with several others in the works.
A rezoning petition has been approved for the property to allow Novant Health to develop up to 210,000 square feet of hospital and medical uses. Riverbend’s residential component will bring 266 apartments, along with 105 townhomes by Ryan Homes.
The project also includes a total of 375,000 square feet of office space. Corning Optical’s headquarters are in the first 185,000-square-foot building.
A 120-room Courtyard by Marriott hotel is scheduled for completion later this year.
- Owner/developers: Riverbend Investment Partners LLC, a joint venture between Simpson Commercial Real Estate and Landmark Development Partners
- Architect: Progressive AE
- Design/build contractor: Lomax Construction
- Financial partners: First National Bank; Pinnacle Financial Partners
- Leasing brokers: MPV Properties; Simpson Commercial Real Estate
- Engineers: The Isaacs Group; Stantec; Design Resource Group
- Attorneys: R. David Joseph PLLC; Redding and Jones
BY THE NUMBERS
- 1 million-square-foot development
- 800,000+ cubic yards of dirt moved
- $18 million in off-site road improvements